Tuesday 26 May 2015

final scene








Evalutaion.

This is my first time using 3ds max so considering this I am pleased with the outcome if was to do this again I would like to have spent more time on the modelling and texturing. I would learn how to unwrap and create my own textures. making sure that they are tile-able or fit the models. 
I would also like to look into particles that could be produced using this software, I think little floating dust particles would have added a nice effect to the water areas of this scene, I would also look into the light as spotlight going through fog or smoke may have worked well with the underwater theme. There seems to be a still frame at the end of the video I did take this into premiere to crop it but when I took it in at the end of the video the still did not appear. To avoid this in future I would most likely render it for slightly longer so that I could crop the footage at each end if needed without losing my animation. I wouldn't say I am 100% satisfied with my final piece as there are a lot of areas I would have like to look into further but couldn't due tot he timing. I am pleased with the outcome though it meets the brief requirements and it was a great learning curve that was stressful at time but still enjoyable. I would use this software again, and may do so in the future even if it is for a prototype of something I am creating etc. Its relatively easy and quick to produce the models in this but i think the lighting and little extras such as textures can really bring a scene to life. My favorite feature from my animation is the sand and the school of fish. I used a bump map for the sand to mix the texture and 3d plane together to give it a texture and volume. I think it worked really well and is a process i would use again. My school of fish were easy to produce but I think they are one of the best looking parts of it. I added a really nice shine scale texture to them to let them shimmer as they swim past. 



No comments:

Post a Comment